Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Questions 44 and 45

Question 44

What is one invention you could not live without?

Just one? Hmmm… the net! I’ve got such limited access now that it’s nearly as though it never existed. Not only does it allow me to stay in closer contact with Julia than snail mail but it also helps with research. Researching a term paper or the latest diagnosis given to me is far easier with so much knowledge at my fingertips. I’d never know most of y’all and I’d probably be dead, in all honesty. After 10/17, I began writing so much more and y’all helped me stay grounded and consider things before I acted. The comments I received helped me realize that there are a billion people out there (okay, maybe not a BILLION) that would hate to see me do the things I was tempted to do. One comment in particular comes to mind: the now famous (in my mind anyway) "the blade rests in YOUR hand" comment by Michael. For some reason, that one really stuck with me along with Bernadette’s "you’ve got to get through the storm to see the rainbow" and the comments about Smokey. Thank you all for that. It’s mostly the communication that I couldn’t live without. The ease of transferring information and the amount of people you can meet. I now have a pen pal in Israel and friends in England, Virginia, Michigan, New Jersey, and other states that I’ve never even been to! (Actually, out of those I listed, I’ve only been to New Jersey and may have driven through part of Virginia.)

 

Question 45

Tell about a funeral you attended that you will never forget.

I’ve never *knock on wood* been to a funeral other than the simple one we had for Dutchess. I’ve forgotten most of it. I do remember not wanting to go out to her grave, lots of Kleenex, and saying a prayer for her. She is one of my main regrets in life. Before Dad took her to the vet’s office, I refused to say good-bye or pet/hug her one last time. I was in denial about her impending death and I thought if I didn’t they wouldn’t take her. No such luck, just one big regret. Rest in Peace, Dutchess.

No comments: