Monday, July 18, 2005

Picking and choosing again

Question #61

How do you feel about death?  What is your philosophy of the "after life?

I don't want to die any time soon but I know I will eventually and I'm okay with that. I believe in heaven and hell but, my views of who gets in and who stays out is different than most Christians. I don't have a set definition of it but, I think it's more liberal than "if you have Christ in your heart, you get in. if you don't, you're in hell."

Question # 62

What did your grandfather's do for a living?  Did your grandmothers work?

My dad's dad sold shoes for a living. My mom's dad is a mystery. My dad's mom worked in factories and delivers newspapers and does oil stuff. My mom's mom idk about.

Question #64

What was your favorite Sunday activity as a child?

Sunday school, chili/pasta night, and football. I never have liked watching football but the sound of it is comforting. It reminds me of Sunday nights as a kid. I can't imagine them differently. I'd go to church/sunday school with Gramma (before she and Gumpy split) and when I got back, I'd eat lunch and play. We'd have pasta or chili every Sunday night (esp. in the fall) while we watched football.

Question #65

What do you remember most about being a teenager?

I am a teenager! I remember the mood swings, the confusion, the fighting, the temptations to do a billion things like drink, date, kiss, smoke. Most of which have I resisted.

Question #69

Did you have a bicycle and what was it like?   Tell about riding it.  Where did you go?

I've always had a bike. My favorite one was white, pink, and purple. I learned to ride it as a two-wheeler on my dad's birthday or father's day (can'tremember which). I'd ride up and down the street in front of our house. From Sandy's house to the last driveway on the street and back. About 100 yards or so. So much fun. Now and then I'd go around the block when I got permission.

Question #72

Describe a typical day in high school.

Ummm.... kay. A typical day for me as a freshman went like this....

6:30-get up and curse the fact that I'm running late AGAIN
6:45-catch the bus or else beg for a ride
7:10-arrive at school and go to my locker
7:12-drop stuff in Voice and go to the corner
7:25-hear the bell and make way to Gage's classroom. hang w/Sayiiiid and Russo for four minutes
7:29-run to Voice
7:31-make it to Voice. sneak in and pray she'll let me stay. she does.
7:45-start warm-ups
7:55-either take notes on singer or sing
8:15-head to German. don't pay attention. get an A anyhow. joke with Andrew and Drew
9:00-leave German and head to locker than to Math
9:06-sneak in to Math. pray he lets me stay. he does. for the next 40 minutes, learn nothing. joke around w/Lindz. occasionally pay attention
9:45-dread Science. drop stuff there and walk with Lindz til just before the 1 minute bell rang. hightail it to Science. get there.
9:45-10:30-sleep or half-sleep through the most boring class of my day with my only hope being that I have choir next. If it's a Day One, my only hope is that I have a five minute break and then forty minutes and then LUNCH.
10:35-start lab (and think of how I could kill myself without everyone noticing -yes it was that boring) or start choir (and count the minutes til lunch)
11:15-get out of lab or choir. If choir, meet Russo, Sayiiiiid, and Jack in hall and walk to lunch. screw it if we were late and they tried to send us to tardy. we wouldn't go.
11:20-12:00-fend off attempts to get me to spit out my snapple. this forty minutes was quite often what got me out of bed in the morning and ALWAYS what got me through science.
12:05-Global with Mrs. Brooks and her Ballad of Death (lol).
12:45-head up to the torture that was English with Mr. Huntone. try not to fall asleep through it. pray that it's over soon
1:30-either go to gym or study hall.
2:15-FREEDOM!
2:36-arrive home after walking with Ronnie or whats-his-face (I refuse to learn his name
).

The rest of the afternoon varied. That was a typical day in my life for nine months.

 

That's it for now. I want to spend more time on some of the others. Or I don't have a clue what to say and need to think about it. Time to go. Love ya!

Vickey

No comments: