Tuesday, April 5, 2005

It's like rain on a tin roof

Journal Jar #30

Do you like rain storms?  Do you have any memories connected with rain or storms?

OMG! YES AND YES! I love thunderstorms and want one BADLY (though not as bad as prior to the horrificly wonderful storm with Liz!)! Memories..... firstly, Liz. We both CRAVED a thunderstorm and one night, we got it. It woke me up and they NEVER wake me. At three AM, we're laying there in her bedroom watching the lightening and listening to how far away the thunder is. It was so great. We had school the next day and I was so calm and relaxed.

Second memory. Lindz, Taylor *barf*, and I went to see Raising Helen but they didn't watch much of the movie. "I love you." Yeah. Right. DAYS later, they hated each other. Anyhow, we get out and Lindz & Taylor are kissing & saying bye and I go "I'll be outside." Lindz didn't hear me. He leaves. I go find her and drag her outside. It's raining. We danced and laughed and had an amazing time. Climbed into the car and was soaking wet an hour later. Got home and didn't want to shower b/c I love the feel of rain cleansed skin but I had to.

Third memory. Home alone. On the phone w/Liz, Lindz, and Timmy. Thunder raging. Scared for the first time ever of a thunderstorm. Went to shower and refused to hang up. Left phone on bed and when I got back, Lindz was the only one there. The lights had flickered while I was in the shower & scared me. Lindz had taken a Zoloft, 2 sleeping pills, and 8 Advil. Around midnight, we got off the phone and Dad still wasn't home. I went to sleep to the sound of the rain pattering on the roof outside my window.

That's it for this one! Love ya!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

well if you lived in Minnesota babygirl, you'd get your wish, we have storms on the way.  Lots of them heading from three different directions hopefully no tornados though.
ewww Tornados!
Luv ya,
Promise
http://journals.aol.com/promiseluv372/PromiseMe/
http://journals.aol.com/promiseluv372/TheJournalJar/
http://journals.aol.com/promiseluv372/NoPromisesNoDemands/

Anonymous said...

*30: do i like rainstorms? are you kidding me i love them?they're so peaceful and calm and you can almost imagine that God is up there in the sky making everything clean again. i remember when i was little the sky was greenish yellow and i was so excited b/c finally something interesting was going to happen (like a tornado or something was what i expected but i didn't get anything that great) and lightning is so amazing to me that every time i see it it's an amazing experience. ~kate