Thursday, March 3, 2005

#14 - #17

Journal Jar #14

Are there any family heirlooms in your possession?  Tell about them and how you acquired them.

I'm not in posession of most of the family heirlooms that I know I'm going to acquire yet but I do have a few. My mom's grandfather, her Popeye, gave her a set of dishes on the day she was born. I have a few of those dishes. If I could find them quickly, I'd take a picture and post it here. I also have my grandmother's old camera. It requires flashbulbs and film. *gasp* It's freakin' old but, cool. Never taken a picture with it. I have 3 rings from my great-grandmother and I have the sweater my mom wore at her wedding (hard to find a cheap wedding dress when you're 7 months pregnant). I have the dress she bought to renew her vows (to Dad) but never wore hanging in the basement. I'll get Lindz to take a picture of me in it tomorrow. It's gorgeous and it fits me. Except the bust. lol Exactly how it fits Mom! LOL I'm going to get my mom's hamburger recipe someday, too.

Journal Jar #15

What church jobs have your parents had?  What do you remember about your parents and church?

Ha! My parents? Hold church jobs? Never going to happen. I remember my parents going only when I forced them because of my preformances or because it was a holiday. I forced them one year on Easter because I was singing and playing in the bell choir. Mom wore a flowery dress and white fur coat. Dad fell asleep. I remember being embarrassed about Mom's coat. It's an older congregation and nobody dressed like that. I nearly fainted for the first time that day. That is what I remember about my parents and church. Yes, that IS all.

Journal Jar #16

Did you have a childhood "hangout" or "hideout"?  Describe.

Not really. Now I've got "The Corner" in mornings and Starbucks every now and then. But I don't really hang out anywhere specifically. The Corner is just a stairwell in my school that a bunch of my friends hang around. Starbucks is just Starbucks. Expect photos of Starbucks coming soon, actually.

Journal Jar #17

Do you like picnics?  Have you been on any picnics that stick out in your mind?

Yep, I like picnics. I used to have them all the time inside during the days it was too crappy outside. I remember eating tuna sandwiches in the back corner of the yard behind the swingset in from of MY crab apple tree on a sheet with my brother. We had chips and soda, too. Liz, Lindz, and I had one in the parking lot on a sheet. We had sunflower seeds, sandwiches, soda, and chips. Very healthy, eh? LOL Then we went down to the pond. That's about it! Oh, and we have church picnics and such but I don't count those. Picnics have sandwiches, not grilled meat. That's just my opinion though.

Vickey

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see the picture of the wedding dress!!! Penny