Tuesday, March 8, 2005

Journal Jar #19... with pics!

Journal Jar #19

Describe your mother's wedding dress.  What do you know about her wedding?

I just did an entry about Mom's second wedding. Rather than rewrite it, I'll link it! hehe ^_^ As for her first wedding (to my father), it was a small, simple ceremony on December 22, 1989. She was seven months pregnant with me. She did not wear a wedding dress. She wore a black sweater with little flowers on it and black dress pants. She did her own hair and make-up or else my grandmother did it for her. They were married in front of the Christmas tree. I know this may sound very disconnected despite that it's my parent's wedding that I'm talking about but that's because it is. That wedding has less significance to me than the divorce. It impacted me less and I have (obviously) less memories from it. My parents planned to renew their vows in 1999. I was to be flower girl, junior bridesmaid, and carry my mom's train. Much responsibility for a girl going on ten. The wedding never happened but Mom had bought a dress. Below are photos of me in the dress.

 Oh, my. It's the train.

 The back of the dress. You can't see my head much, if at all, but I'm in there. If the ruffles didn't eat me.

 The front of the dress. You can't see the intricate beadwork and it looks more yellow than it is.

 Lindz told me to strike a pose. I struck a pose. Yea, we're dorks.

I guess I'm caught up now. At least in the Journal Jar. Time for that English paper. I think.

Vickey

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOWser what an awesome dress. That was quite a train to pull along behind. You look mighty fine in it, maybe someday you could put it to use? When my sister got married she used my mom's dress and it was very memorable. Thanks for the pics, you will make a stunning bride some day! But wait a few ten years or so.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful dress!!! Thanks for including pics!!! Penny