Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Journal Jar

Welcome back, Promise!

Journal Jar #25

Did you have a close relationship with your grandparents?  Tell about them.

Growing up, I've had many different grandparents. I've had Gramma, Gumpy, Grandma [insert last name], (Great-)Grandma [insert last name], and more recently Scott, Grandma (aka Shelia), Grandpa (aka Fred), Grandma Helen, and Great-Grandma. I was close with Gramma for years but now I don't like her at all. I loved my Gumpy (or Grandpa Marty) but I haven't seen him since he and Gramma split when I was seven. Grandma (Mom's mom) has always kinda scared me. But I've gotten to know her better recently. Her mom scares me. She's old and has dementia and is just basically scary. She doesn't remember me at all and always yells. I love (and miss) my great-grandma (Dad's grandma on his father's side). I haven't seen her in a while but I used to spend Easter Sunday out there. Haven't done that since Jule was here (1999). Scott is just the land shark (inside joke that I don't remember how it started but was started between August 10 and 19th of 2001). Shelia is Shelia. Fred is great. I wish I could spend more time with him. He's the first real grandpa I've had since Gumpy. Grandma Helen is someone I don't really know while as is Great-Grandma.

Journal Jar #26

Describe a trip downtown as a youngster.

Well, I never remember going downtown as a "youngster" but, apparently Midtown is considered downtown. So we went downtown every Christmas to "sit on Santa's lap" and ride the monorail. So that's my big downtown magic mountain experience.

More to come!

Vickey

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

thank you vickey.  I'm getting around to most of my regular journals lol lots of reading.  I get wicked headaches from it all.  I can't wait to be a grandmother.  Of coarse I'll be granny!!! :)
Luv ya,
Promise